crazy cat lover here. hopefully soon to be chemistry/music comp major. i like cats and food and music. you'll find all that and (gender)queer stuff here and other shenanagans i find pleasing. i mostly try to reblog feel-good stuff. oh and harry potter and avatar and TLOK and lord of the rings/hobbit. the end
-You cannot be sexist toward men. Sexism is based on a system of oppression. You CAN be discriminatory, rude, inconsiderate, and/or prejudiced against men but you CANNOT be sexist toward them.
-You cannot be racist towards white people. Racism is based on a system of oppression. You CAN be discriminatory, rude, inconsiderate, and/or prejudiced against white people but you CANNOT be racist toward them.
This is not difficult.
trans life: even the doctors who are supposedly “trans-friendly” are insensitive as fuck and want your life story before they help you
- is heteronormative
- excludes males
- disrespects rape survivors
- objectifies females
- reduces women to how men perceive them sexually
- erases female sexuality
- reinforces oppressive ideals of femininity and masculinity
- in itself, doesn’t even make sense
- reduce sex to male penetration
- weaponize penetration as a depreciation against women
- incredibly cisnormative and depends upon a binary concept of gender.